Sunday, October 5, 2008

THERE SURELY ARE WAYS..........to escape boredom of course!

After one year,they are here again--the pujas!Each and every Bengali awaits eagerly just for these four days.New clothes,new shoes,new style statements,new boyfriends and everything new.Durga puja ushers a season of festivities and celebrations in every Bengali's life.
I was really excited for these days but when they are here,I am feeling like hell!I have no one to go out with!How can anyone spend these days just staying back at home with books!However,I am trying to engage myself with something atleast.I have been reading books by Chetan Bhagat-'Five Point Someone','One Night @ the call center' and 'The three mistakes of my life'.Chetan Bhagat really rocks!
I thought the 'Five point someone' was the best among the three. Its the story of three IITian friends- Hari,Alok and Ryan.Ryan is the coolest;for him life is easy going;he wants to experience the utmost fun in life and thinks the entire IIT system is a 'crap'.They managed to have a lot of fun but they have completely messed up their grades big time!Even after several studying strategies,'Cooperate To Dominate' being one of the many,they lined themselves in a mere 'five point something' and thus were always the inferior 'five pointers'.Alok and Ryan could never get on well with each other but was linked by Hari.Meanwhile,Hari is smitten with Neha who happens to be Professor Cherian,the head of the Mechanical Engineering Head's daughter!.....
However,I am not going to give out the ending of story(as suggested by Sinjini).The book was a nice time pass and does hold a bit truth about the life of the IITians.
'One night @ call center' is also a nice story but I really doubt how nice it is going to be as a film called 'Hello' starring Sallu Mia as Sam(Chetan Bhagat)!!
I am really worried about the Singur issue. I feel Mamata Banerjee has locked the gates of industrialisation in West Bengal forever!She is so......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well,thankfully,salman is acting as a "superstar",not as bhagat.

Butterfly said...

I haven't read any of the books by Bhagat though they peep at me wherever I move around in school these days. Even the people whom I had never expected to see with a story book in their hands are seen reading any of the three books. I am really curious to know what is ther about them, but at the moment,I have many books left to read and don't intend to buy more!

And, 'new boyfriends'?? Is that true in your case too? ;-)